Exodus 4:11

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Exodus 4:11

Hearing Test and Stats

Length: 25 in
Weight: 12 lbs 10 oz
Head circumference: 15 in
Age: 4 months
Head measurement front to back: 6 inches on the right and 7.5 on the left

Last week in Lubbock they did the weight, lenghth, head circumference thing. Then John's mom and I measured front to back two different times. We could not belive there is an inch and a half difference. It doesn't look like it in the photos or in person. That was startling for us. Then I plugged her stats into a growth chart calculator and her head circumference is less than 3%.

Today she had her hearing screening. Her right ear was fine, but her left ear showed little to no response. The audiologist said there is some wax in her ear that could be part of the problem. So we are retesting on the 17th. Right now I feel pretty sure that the test didn't lie, and that there is hearing loss. Maybe fixing her head will fix that too. At least she can hear out of her right ear so she is not totally deaf.

Her four month photos are pretty funny. She wasn't sure about the cereal and it got messy. The Melissa missed the smiles every time. It was like Cayla knew when the camera was about to take and she would stop smiling just in time. Melissa and I laughed so hard.

Cayla is sweet and is really cooing all the time now. She has been more fussy at night recently. I think it might be teething time. Melissa thought she could feel something, but I can't and I really don't see white spots. I guess the peditrician will tell me his opinion next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home