Exodus 4:11

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Check up

4 month checkup

Cayla had her four month check up yesterday complete with shots. Yuck!! I am glad that we can vaccinate against diseases, but boy is it hard on a mom to hold the baby while they do it. Luckily yesterday Cayla calmed down pretty quickly after the shots. Her siren can go off and keep going when she is mad. I was relieved that it didn't happen yesterday.

She weighed 12 lbs 12 oz (9th percentile) and only measured 24 inches (I put in 25 and that is inteh 65 percentile) yesterday. I am going to venture a guess that she is closer to 25. Her head circumference had grown which was good. It is up to 37.5 centimeters or 14.8 inches (still only in the less than 3rd percentile). The pediatrician was pleased with her growth and said that it was good for her age. He also cleared us to try fruit. So today she will get her first bite of the good stuff.

He talked to me about the risks of surgery. He said the main concern is bleeding and that she may have to get 3 blood transfusions during the surgery. He also said that they don't really do direct donor blood donations anymore. So I can donate or not. I think I may not. But if she needs lots of blood during surgery, I might. I guess that tatoo I wanted to get will have to wait a little longer. We also discussed her hearing. He said he saw nothing in her ear to make the test invalid. So I guess I will just have to see what Thursday brings.

4 weeks from today I will go to Lubbock for pre-op. The last two weeks have certainly flown by. I bet the next 4 do too.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:51 AM, Blogger Beverly said…

    Becky,

    Thanks for creating this blog, so I can keep up with you and precious Cayla. I have asked my Bible class to pray for her and you, and these are parents who love their kids fiercely and know how to pray as parents praying for parents! I trust you will feel the strength of their prayers.

    I keep thinking of you and remembering you to the Lord.

    PS: Has anyone talked with you about ECI--Early Childhood Intervention program here in Abilene? Ellabeth is in it, and they are quality folks. I am sure Cayla would qualify. They can start now to address her different needs...let me know if you need the connection.

    Love,
    Bev

     

Post a Comment

<< Home