Exodus 4:11

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Running

I know I don't post here enough. I am sorry about that. I guess time just gets away from me.

Cayla will be 15 months old on Wed. She doesn't walk she runs. I want her to slow down--but she has her own plan. I still want her to be a baby, but she can't stay that way forever. It reminds me of how God must feel about us. We run through life, never slowing, just rushing through. He wants us to slow down and savor the life He has given. He wants us to see His plan and live for Him. Unlike Cayla, we will always be God's babies--the children He loves. Maybe it isn't Cayla who shouldn't run, it is me.

Cayla has her funny little ways. She will be headed toward something she knows she can't have and will shake her head no the whole way there--but does it anyway. She has started to give things back to me, if I ask. I am thankful for that. Before now she would just cry when you took her prizes away. She has a dimple in one cheek that just glows when she grins.

She is a princess still and I guess always will be.

She doesn't speak and that concerns me. Occasionally she will say hi and dada. Once in a while she mamamamama's. But there are no real words yet. I am praying that she will speak clearly soon. And then it will be like it was when she was learning to walk--she ran, and so she will probably never be quiet--and I will wish for the days that she didn't talk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home