Exodus 4:11

Monday, March 26, 2007

Latest Update

Finally saw the doctor

Cayla had an appt in Lubbock on the 12th. I had to go to Arlington for training, so my dad, Melissa (Sissa), Amanda, Zane and Sissa's mom Nina all took Cayla to Lubbock. They got there only to be told that all the appts had been rescheduled for the next day. Well no one could be there the next day, so they rescheduled for the next Tuesday. They then got her into see the other doctor--the reconstruction guy. He said she looks great and he thought she would continue to heal nicely.

I got back from my trip late Monday night and Tuesday Nina and I took Cayla to Lubbock. We got there only to be told the doctor was out the entire week. The girl had messed up the scheduling. I was not happy. That meant we had basically wasted a trip to Lubbock. At least the first time she got to see the other doctor. I first said we would not be back and that he could come see her in Abilene.

I reconsidered and we took one more trip to Lubbock. This time I called ahead and found that the doctor was in. Nina and her friend Nancy, Zane and I all took Cayla to Lubbock. We got there a little early and saw the doctor right away. He apologized for the mix ups so that was nice. He then looked at Cayla and once again proclaimed her beautiful. He said the knot looks great. He then said you must have been praying about it. I said yes we had. He then said man I almost forgot what we first saw her for. She looks so good. Then he said see you in six months. And we got to go.

So after 3 trips we found that Cayla is great. We already knew that....but it was nice to hear it from him. She is cutting more teeth. Can climb the two steps from the play room and screams if she is alone. All in all a normal almost one year old princess.

I can't believe she will soon be one. The year has really flown. I especially can't believe that she is 6 months out from surgery. Wow how things have changed. We are so blessed. Thanks to everyone for the prayers. Cayla will have quite the story to tell when she is older. And a big part of that will be how much she was prayed for and how God blessed her.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:20 PM, Blogger Anne said…

    I'm not sure if you remember me, but my husband Nathaniel worked with you, and we were in childbirth class together.

    It's hard to believe that Levi and Cayla are already turning one! What a blessed year it has been for us! God is so good!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home