Exodus 4:11

Friday, August 18, 2006

Hearing Results

Can you hear me now

Cayla had her second hearing screening yesterday. The test gave the same result as the last time. Her left ear has little to no response. The machine gave a "refer" result to the audiologist. That means we have to go back on the 29th and do a more in depth test. The ABR is done while the infant is asleep. Cayla will go in and they will put electrodes on her head and then I have to get her to go to sleep. They don't want to sedate her so I get to make her sleep. While she is sleeping the audiologist will put a thing (don't you love the technical term) in her ear that will produce noise as the audiologist monitors the brain response. I think the test will start loud and get softer but it could start soft and get louder I am not sure. Her brain response will tell us if she has mild, moderate, severe or profound hearing loss. They will try to meausre the response in both ears if she will stay asleep. After that test, I am guessing that they will wait until after surgery to do anything. Then I think they will re-do the test at some point after surgery. I am hopeful that the surgery will fix that problem as well. Once again we are in a wait and see pattern.

On a more fun note...tomorrow we are going to a mommy baby get together with the girls from water aerobics. Two of us stuck it out all last winter with our instructor (who was also pregnant) and then in the spring new people started coming. It is amazing the bond you form with people you see twice a week as you excercise in the pool. In the winter we really bonded because it was only three of us. Jennifer and I try to get our babies together once a month to just chat. It will be so much fun to see the other babies and moms. Now I just have to decide on a finger food to take. If the babies were older I would just take cheerios!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home