Exodus 4:11

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Cayla at home

Updates

Sorry I haven't blogged in a while. We have been busy since coming home. We got to take Cayla out of the hospital on Monday morning about 8 am.
Shan had postponed her flight so we went to eat at IHOP and then went to Wal-Mart so we could get a few things for Cayla. Then we took Shan to the
airport and dropped her off. Gran and I went back to the hotel for a short while. I rested for about 30 minutes or so, then we left at noon to come home.
Cayla made the trip wonderfully. She slept the whole way. We got in around 3 and I was exhausted. I didn't get to rest much because I had to take Amanda to pick up pictures at the fair, then had to get Zane. Cayla didn't sleep very well, but I had to go to work Tuesday anyway (I was so sleepy!).

The rest of the week has gone smoothly. Cayla is sleeping better at night and is not fussy any more than usual. She is teething on top of everything else and I never know if she is fussing about that or something else. I have to take her back to Lubbock on Monday for her post op appt. Then we shouldn't have to go anymore for a year. This surgery should be the only one she has to have. It is remarkable the difference already. I hope this weekend, Melissa and I can post the before and after shots. I will also post some more pictures then.

Thanks for all the prayers. We knew God had sent angels to surround us during this time. Cayla was supposed to look like she had been in a street fight, swollen and bruised. Her eyes were supposed to swell shut and stay shut for a few days. Instead, she had a small bruise under her right eye and her eyes were only swollen shut for one day. Amazing. Even with our scare, it could have been so much worse. I truly think she was just hurting and had been crying so much she lost her breath, even though she wasn't crying at the time. The nurses in PICU were wonderful. They took good care of her and us. Even more than that, I was able to take emergency leave at work. I only worked 5 days before the surgery--and they gave me PAID leave. God is so good.

I will try to post pictures this weekend and promise to blog at least once a week. Until then, best wishes to all of you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home