Exodus 4:11

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Day 2 in PICU

Cayla is in the PICU today. She is being well cared for by the nursing staff. She has several IVs coming from her neck. I'm not exactly sure what most of them are, but Becky might be able to tell you when she blogs. She has been sleeping most of the time. She gets fussy if she's hungry and fussy if she is in pain. They have been giving her morphine for the pain. Her eyes are swollen and she has stitches going all across the top of her head. I will post pictures once I get them downloaded. (And change the pics below. I think they came out better than what it seems.) We got to take turns holding her and my turn was today before I left to go back to Abilene. She slept most of the time, but I gave her a bottle and she kept it down. I think they said they were taking her off her "food" IV sometime today since she is keeping her food down and taking her off the antibiotic IV tomorrow. I will update the blog when I get more information. All in all, God is to be praised for the smooth surgery and great care she is getting. Thank you for your prayers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home