Exodus 4:11

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Lubbock results

The eyes have it

We were able to see both surgeons today. I was so grateful, because we only had one appt. I was afraid that I was going to have to make two trips, but they were able to squeeze us in at the second doctor.

Dr. Telefian still thinks Cayla is perfect. He was concerned about the spot and was glad we came. He really wanted Dr. Barrett to see the eye, because he did the work on it. So we went off to the other office.

Dr. Barrett said he is a little concerned, but is hopeful it will get better with growth. He couldn't tell if the spot is bone or the plate. The main concern is the indentation. If it doesn't grow out on its own, it will mean more surgery. For now we are just watching it.

Cayla goes back in December and I guess we will evaluate then. In the mean time her incision looks great, she has lost all the scab. Both doctors were pleased.

Today she almost took off crawling. She gets on her knees and pushes forward. Not a real crawl but a funny scoot. I was on the phone to John when she did it the first time. It made me sad all over again that he is missing so much of her life. He didn't seem phased. I guess he really has seperated from everything. Very sad. He is missing so much of Zane and Cayla and Amanda. At least he keeps in touch occasionally.

Thanks for continued prayers. I will update you all as changes happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home