Exodus 4:11

Monday, August 21, 2006

Baby Party and milestones


What a beautiful thing

On Saturday we went to a baby party. Zane couldn't quite understand what a baby party was until we got there. He kept asking whose birthday is it. Too funny. He and Amanda were very well behaved. I was so glad. I hated to drag them along to a baby party since they aren't babies, but what is a single mom to do?

The party was lots of fun. We mainly just visited and compared babies. Angela had prepared a fun activity for us. We got to fill out our name, our babies name and date of birth. Then we went through to see whose baby (at birth) was the biggest, smallest, earliest to arrive etc. It was fun. She also had some questions about motherhood at the bottom. They were very thought provoking. Overall the party was a grand sucess. 7 babies there, and only two boys.

One of the babies is two weeks older than Cayla and she was showing off her rolling over skills. I told Cayla to watch how Aubrey did it and then she could do it too. Before that Cayla could get on her side and then get mad because she was stuck. On Friday night I was sure she was going to make it over, but she didn't. Probably because I had the camera on her.

On Saturday night, I decided to move Cayla to the big girl crib in Zane's room. I took out the bumpers and made sure there was nothing to hurt her. Then I put her to bed in there. She went right to sleep with no problems. I was of course up checking on her constantly. Even with the monitor on, I couldn't sleep. When I went to check on her at about 1:45 she had rolled over. So of course I missed that, sneaky little thing. Then yesterday she wouldn't do it again. She went back to roll part way and get stuck. But she did hit two milestones at once. Sleeping in the crib and rolling over. She is a big girl now. Zane is quite proud to have her in his room. He says it is "ours" room. It is much easier to get him down too. He knows he has to lay down and be quiet. She goes down about 8:30 and I put him down around 9.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home